Respecting your privacy
We (BA Group Australia) are committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to our businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
• the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
• how we collect and hold it;
• the purposes for which we collect, hold, use it;
• your right to access and seek correction of it;
• how you may complain about privacy matters;
By using our websites and/or providing information to us by other means, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with information we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you. In this policy, references to “BA”, “us” or “we” are references to BA Group Australia.
Disclosure of personal information
Collection, storage and use
Our website (www.bagroupaustralia.com.au) can be viewed and browsed without the need to disclose personal information to us. However, you may choose to provide us with personal information in situations including but not limited to: requesting inquiries on products, delivery of our Buyers Guides, catalogues or other product marketing material, warranty registrations, or newsletter subscriptions. In these situations you may need to provide certain personal information so we can contact you in regards your request. Such information that you may have provided will be viewable by website administrators, marketing staff and contractors (including third parties providing services that relate to the administration, improvement, and/or safeguarding of the website and the information it contains). Please do not post/email or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
Personal information that you provide on our website will be held on our website’s e-commerce platform and may also be exported onto our company’s terminal server to view. Also information may be shared with, and held by, Third Party Contractors (such as this website’s platform or newsletter mailing services) for the services they provide related to the administration, development, and/or safeguarding of the website and the information within the website. Email addresses entered on our website, such as those used when requesting inquiries or joining our newsletter, will not be made available to the public. But, they may be entered into third party sites in regards to marketing and our newsletters you have opted in for. When receiving emails from our company you will always get the option to opt back out of receiving newsletters or any marketing content.
Use of personal information
We will only use the personal information provided to the website for uses regarded only to our company and its services.
Feedback is always important and is used to improve our website. If you provide feedback on the website directly to us via the supplied email addresses, that information will be sent to the applicable staff. We may pass on relevant information to other people within our company who administer, have contributed related content to, or are otherwise concerned in, the website. This may contain your email address and other identifying information that you provide.
Information We Collect
We collect information to improve our website, to provide the feedback and information you’ve requested, and for our company’s marketing and sales information you’ve opted in to receiving.
We collect information in the following ways:
• The information you’ve supplied on this website – Including but not limited to customer sign up information, requesting an enquiry, using the “contact us” section or by emailing the addresses on our contact page, joining our newsletter, or requesting a Buyer’s Guide or Seasonal Catalogue.
• Information our website gets from the use of third party services – such as cookies and Google analytics, which are statistical information that is collected each time you visit this website which helps us improve our customer experience. This information cannot identify you personally and is listed in detail below.
Statistical information and cookies
We collect statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve our user experience. The information collected this way is gathered as a whole, with everyone else visiting our website, and you cannot be personally identifiable. This information includes:
• Your IP address;
• The terms you used in our catalogue search;
• Pages you view on our website during a visit and also the links you click on;
• The date, time, how long you visit the website and how long you stay on each page;
• Device-specific information e.g. your operating system, service provider, screen resolution, platform etc.
• The web browser your using;
• Your location (if you agreed for the site to track this information); and
• Other related information such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by website administrators and certain staff in Bertolini Australasia. It may also be shared with other agencies we’re working alongside with to help improve our company.
Privacy Act Rights; access and correction
Under the Privacy Act 1988, you have the right to access and request the correction of any personal information you’ve provided to us in connection with this website. If you would like to view or edit the personal information you’ve provided us, or if you have concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us through the information below. BA Group Australia may require proof of your identity before you can access any personal information.
BA Group Australia
Phone: +613 5278 9033
Fax: +613 5278 7433
PO Box 155
13-14 Hume Reserve Court, North Geelong VIC 3220
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, or at any other time, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.